WHEN TO VISIT A DOCTOR?
The first visit needs to be early in pregnancy as soon as pregnancy is diagnosed. In the first visit, the Woman is provided information on nutrition, diet, lifestyle considerations, available pregnancy care services, maternity benefits.
- Minimum 1 visit in the first trimester.
- Monthly visit till 32 weeks
- Every 2 weekly till 36 weeks
- Weekly visit till delivery
- Basic blood investigations include complete blood count, blood grouping and Rh typing, TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) , OGCT (oral glucose challenge test), VDRL, HIV, HbsAg
- Complete urine analysis
- Ultrasound examination
- 1st- around 7-8 weeks
- 2nd- around 12 weeks(NT scan)
- 3rd- around 18 weeks (anomaly scan)
- 4th- around 28 weeks ( fetal growth prameters/ fetal well being)
- 5th- around 32-34 weeks
- 6th- around 36-38 weeks
- Work and exercise- one can continue working till the end and can do moderate exercises.
- Sexual intercourse- is safe till 2nd trimester
- Medication- folic acid, iron and calcium
- Travel- by car with properly placed seat belt or by air till 36 weeks
- Smoking- one should quit
- No Alcohol
- Nausea, vomiting
- Vaginal discharge